Visa Gold / Resident Investors
The Gold Visa
This is the name given to the residence permit for investors in Spain that is obtained through the purchase of a property worth 500,000 euros or more.
This Investor Residence allows the investor and his family to obtain residence in Spain. It is granted for a period of 2 years, and can be renewed for a further five years and then apply for long-term residence. The Gold visa allows both the holder and the rest of the family members attached to the residence permit to work in Spain. It also allows children to attend public schools and universities.
Some of the requirements are as follows:
- No criminal record in Spain and in the previous countries of residence.
- Do not appear as “rejectable” in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed agreements.
- Have health insurance with an insurance company authorised to operate in Spain.
- The person concerned must have sufficient financial resources for himself/herself and for the persons accompanying him/her during the period of residence.
- In order to be valid, the investment of 500,000 euros or more must be free of any liens or encumbrances; therefore, it would not be possible to acquire a property with a mortgage.
- The investor will have to justify the origin of the money, in order to prevent money laundering.
Our lawyers and legal advisors have extensive experience in obtaining the gold visa, residence for investors.