Spain’s world-famous beaches, delicious cuisine, culture and high standard of living make it a very attractive country to relocate to. Now, thanks to the Golden Visa, people and their families who make an important investment in our country can obtain a residence permit. Who wouldn’t want Spain to be their second home?
In most cases, the Gold Visa is issued to investors acquiring real estate. However, it is also available to entrepreneurs who invest in Spanish companies. At Legal-Boutique Ibiza we canprovide you with all the necessary information about the procedure to acquire the Golden Visa Spain.
What is Visa Gold Spain?
The Spanish investment visa, or golden visa, was created in 2013 by the Spanish government to encourage foreign investors to invest in Spain.
Under this programme, individuals and their families who invest 500,000 euros or more in real estate, companies, government bonds or make a bank deposit can easily and quickly obtain a residence permit in Spain.
This visa does not require a minimum period of residence. A residence card is issued for one year (two if you usually visit Spain) and then renewable every 5 years. Permanent residence can be applied for once you have actually lived in the country for 5 years in a row.
Although it is not mandatory to live in Spain to obtain and renew the residence permit, the investor or his/her family members are required to live at least 6 months per year in Spain for 10 consecutive years. In addition, the investor must travel to Spain twice a year with no more than 5 months between visits.
Who can obtain a Golden Visa for Spain?
Investors wishing to obtain a Golden Visa in Spain must make one of the following investments:
- Buying a property worth at least 500,000 euros
- Invest a minimum of 2,000,000 euros in Spanish public debt.
- Buy shares in a company or deposit a minimum of 1,000,000 euros in a Spanish bank.
- Invest in a new business that promotes employment and has a significant socio-economic impact in Spain.
In addition to making one of these investments, the investor must meet the following requirements:
- Be of legal age
- No criminal record
- Having health insurance in Spain
- Not having been refused a Schengen visa in the past
How to apply for a Golden Visa for Spain?
Once the investor has made one of the above-mentioned investments, he/she can apply for an application at the nearest Spanish embassy. It is not necessary to be in Spain to apply for the visa, but you will need to be in Spain to receive it. These are the documents required for your application:
- Visa application form for Spain
- Two passport-size photographs.
- A valid passport with at least two blank pages.
- If you are not a citizen of the country where you live: Your residence permit.
- Documents proving that he has sufficient income to support himself and his family while living in Spain.
- Police record, certifying that you do not have a criminal record. They must have been issued within the three months prior to the application.
- Proof of health insurance with an insurance company operating in Spain.
- Proof of payment of the visa fee.
- Documents relating to the investment or purchase of real estate
The documents submitted must be translated into Spanish by a translator.
Are family members included in the Golden Visa?
The investor’s family members must apply for their own visas, including birth or marriage certificates proving the family relationship. Which family members can be included in the Golden Visa?
- Children under 18 years of age or over 18 years of age who are dependent due to health or mental health conditions.
- Elderly dependent parents
Advantages of the Spanish Golden Visa
- Spanish residents and their families can travel visa-free to all Schengen countries.
- You do not have to live in Spain to renew your residence permit.
- They can work and live in Spain legally
- You can bring your family members with you
- Access to public services such as health care and schooling